Services For New Parents
Marin Perinatal Therapy (MPT) provides the following services:
- Finding a therapist on your insurance panel
- Sliding scale therapy
- Therapy in Spanish
- Birth planning for survivors of childhood abuse, sexual assault or previous disappointing or traumatic births
MPT helps you develop a new perspective and the skills to manage anxiety and depression in several ways including:
- Educating about mood disorders and understanding stressors
- Adjusting expectations and minimizing judgement
- Expressing feelings and improving communication strategies
- Learning coping skills to manage the demands of motherhood
- Creating empowerment and social support systems
Services For Medical Community
MPT is a referral source for a mother or family that is struggling with:
- Infertility: difficulty conceiving, exploring medical intervention and evaluating family building options
- Pregnancy loss: miscarriage, stillbirth, infant death and medical termination
- Perinatal mood disorders: depression or anxiety during pregnancy or within the first year postpartum
- Birth trauma: grieving the birth experience and healing trauma
- A high score on the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS)
Services For Clinicians:
MPT aims to be an organizing body of the Marin perinatal community by offering these services:
- An annual, complimentary directory of perinatal providers in Marin.
▸ Directory will be distributed to Marin ob/gyns and pediatricians as well as local parent hotspots. The directory will be updated and distributed annually.
▸ If you would like to be included in the directory please visit our For Perinatal Professionals Page.
A listserv for the Marin perinatal community. To be added to the listserv please contact email@example.com
Annual gatherings for the Marin perinatal and medical community to discuss an interdisciplinary topic in a salon style gathering. These events build community and enhance education about perinatal issues.